Payroll Schedule - Monthly and Biweekly
All employees have an assigned schedule within One USG Connect. To view your schedule, select the Schedule tile within Employee Self-service Time in OneUSG Connect.
Here are the pay calendars associated with each pay frequency:
- 2022 Monthly Calendar
- 2022 Biweekly Calendar
- 2022 Payroll Calendar (in calendar format); for best result, please print in color.
- 2023 Monthly Calendar
- 2023 Biweekly Calendar
- 2023 Payroll Calendar (in calendar format); for best result, please print in color.
To get helpful tutorials and job aids related to Time Reporting, visit ServiceNow.
Timely and regular attendance is an expectation of performance for all employees.
To ensure adequate staffing, positive employee morale, and to meet expected productivity standards throughout the organization, employees will be held accountable for adhering to their workplace schedule.
Non-exempt and hourly employees (paid bi-weekly) report their time through various devices.
To get helpful tutorials and job aids related to your time reporting, visit ServiceNow.
Georgia Tech has established 12 official paid holidays each calendar year for employees at the institution. These holidays shall be awarded in addition to earned vacation time and shall be observed in accordance with the rules and regulations set forth by the Board of Regents, the USG, and the institution.
A terminating employee shall not be paid for any official holidays occurring after the last working day of employment.
- Monday, Jan. 3, 2022 — New Year's Day
- Monday, Jan. 17, 2022 — M.L.K, Jr. National Holiday (observed)
- Monday, May 30, 2022 — Memorial Day
- Monday, July 4, 2022 — Independence Day
- Monday, Sept. 5, 2022 — Labor Day
- Thursday – Friday, Nov. 24 – 25, 2022 — Thanksgiving Break
- Monday, Dec. 26 – Friday, Dec. 30, 2022 — Winter Break
- Monday, Jan. 2, 2023 — New Year's Day
- Monday, Jan. 16, 2023 — M.L.K, Jr. National Holiday (observed)
- Monday, May 29, 2023 — Memorial Day
- Monday, June 19, 2023 — Juneteenth
- Tuesday, July 4, 2023 — Independence Day
- Monday, Sept. 4, 2023 — Labor Day
- Thursday – Friday, Nov. 23 – 24, 2023 — Thanksgiving Break
- Monday, Dec. 25 – Friday, Dec. 29, 2023 — Winter Break
All Georgia Tech employees are required to use direct deposit to receive their pay. To set up or change your direct deposit information go to the Direct Deposit tile in Employee Self-service in OneUSG Connect. To get helpful tutorials and job aids related to direct deposit, visit ServiceNow.
The Paycheck Modeler is a tool that allows you to see how changes to earnings, deductions and taxes might affect your paycheck. The Paycheck Modeler tile can be found in Employee Self-Service in OneUSG Connect. To get helpful tutorials and job aids, visit ServiceNow.
Your electronic W-2 may be accessed within the Taxes Tile in Employee Self-Service tile inside OneUSG Connect after providing your electronic consent.
You may electronically submit your State of Georgia and Federal Withholding by visiting the Taxes Tile in Employee Self-service at OneUSG Connect.
A Salary overpayment condition arises when an employee has been compensated for more than their approved salary. The causes for the overpayment include, but are not limited to: retroactive pay changes, status changes, changes in percent time worked, pay frequency changes and pay rate changes. For more information related to salary overpayments, visit ServiceNow.
Your pay check has both mandatory and elective deductions.
Mandatory deductions are deductions required to be withheld by federal and/or state regulations. They may include:
- Garnishments such as Chapter 13 payments, Child Support Payments, Garnishments, Tax Levy, Student Loan Payments
- Employee Retirement System (1.5%)
- Optional Retirement Plan (5%)
- Teacher’s Retirement System (Currently 5.53%, starting July 1, 2012, will be 6%)
- GA Defined Contribution Plan (7.5%)
- Federal Withholding Tax
- Social Security Tax
- Medicare Tax
- State Tax
Elective deductions are made up of both pre-tax and post-tax deductions.
Pre-tax deductions may include but are not limited to:
Medical, Dental, Vision, Flexible Spending Accounts (Medical & Dependent Care), Health Savings Accounts, Parking/Transit Deductions, Supplemental Retirement plans such as 403(b) and 457(b) contributions
Post-tax deductions may include but are not limited to:
Life Insurance, Accident Insurance, Disability Insurance, Critical Illness, Legal Plan, Retirement Roth 403(b) & 457(b) contributions, 529, Recreation and Charitable Contributions
Your paystub can be found within the Pay tile within Employee Self-Service in OneUSG Connect. To get helpful tutorials and job aids, visit ServiceNow.
Leave and Absence
Employees with regular employment status at the institute are eligible to receive and are required to report leaves and absences.
- Full Benefits Eligible: This is defined as 30 or more hours per week or .75 FTE and greater, which applies to regular faculty and regular staff employees. Full benefits include all benefits in accordance with University System of Georgia of Board of Regents policy 8.2.9 Insurance.
- Partial Benefits Eligible: This is defined as 20 to 29 hours per week or .5 FTE to .74 FTE. Partial benefits eligible may apply to regular faculty and regular staff employees. Partial benefits include retirement and pro-rated leave accruals.
To report your absences and leaves select the Time and Absence tile in Employee Self-service in OneUSG Connect. To set your schedule and report your work visit the Time tile in Employee Self-service in OneUSG Connect. For helpful tutorials and related job aids, visit ServiceNow.
Reporting & Requesting Time Off
All Georgia Tech employees are required to request and report their time off. Learn More
- Classified full-time/part-time staff and some faculty employees are eligible to accrue vacation time.
- Academic faculty from an academic unit who are appointed on a nine-month basis do not accrue vacation during the academic year.
- To determine your eligibility for vacation time, you may view the Georgia Tech Vacation Policy.
- To request vacation time, visit Employee Self-Service in OneUSG Connect. View instructions here.
Leave & Time Away from Work
Click here to learn more about taking time away from work for illness or life events.