On January 1, 2013, benefits selected during the open enrollment process took effect. It has come to our attention that BCBS of GA has experienced some technical issues for a small percentage of the USG population. Below is information on these technical issues, new insurance cards, vendor customer service numbers and group insurance numbers.
New Medical Insurance Cards
If you are enrolled in the BlueChoice HMO, BCBS HSA Open Access Plan or the BCBS Open Access POS Plans, new insurance cards were mailed to your home during the week of 12/14/12. Note the following:
- If you are being told that your coverage has been cancelled effective 1/1/13, you are most likely using your 2012 insurance card (which are no longer valid).
- If you didn’t receive your cards, you will need to call BCBS of GA customer service line at 800-424-8950 to request your cards.
- They will arrive in a plain white envelope to your home address.
- You may also now print a temporary ID card from the website: www.bcbsga.com/bor
- You will need to login in to the website or create a new user registration.
- You must first contact BCBS of GA at 1-800-424-8950 to request your ID#.
- Once you have logged into the site, select the Customer Service tab, click the “print temporary ID” link.
- If you need your doctor or pharmacy to verify your coverage, they can call BCBS of GA at 1-800-424-8950 and opt out to speak to a live representative to verify your coverage until you have received your insurance card.
If you were previously enrolled in the Kaiser HMO, you will receive new cards. However, you may continue to use your existing insurance card.
Incorrect Primary Care Physician (PCP) listed on card (BCBS of GA BlueChoice Plan only)
If your PCP is not correct on your card, you should call customer service (1-800-424-8950) to request a change to your correct PCP. Note the following:
- BCBS of GA will reissue a corrected ID card
- Request the change be made effective 1/1/13 (failure to do so will result in the change becoming effective the first of the following month)
- Important: If you update your PCP selection online, the ID card will show a future effective date for 2/1/13, rather than 1/1/13. You should call the customer service number (1-800-424-8950) to request the change effective 1/1/13.
Delta Dental Information
If you are enrolled in one of the Delta Dental plans, you should have already received your new insurance cards.
- If you have not received your cards, you should contact Delta Dental at:
- For those enrolled in the DeltaCare USA HMO, call 1-800-422-4234.
- For those enrolled in the Delta Dental PPO, call 1-800-521-2651.
- You may also log on to Delta Dental’s website at www.deltadentalins.com and print your insurance card. You will need your identification number, which must be obtained by calling the applicable Delta Dental customer service number above.
- Note: If you have employee plus spouse or family coverage, the cards will be in the employees name only. Dependents are verified through the employee’s identification number.
- If you are in the DeltaCare USA HMO dental plan, be sure that your elected dentist is listed on your card. If you didn’t select a dentist at the time of enrollment, a dentist was selected for you based on your home zip code.
- As a reminder, you may change your dentist by calling Delta Dental or logging on to Delta Dental’s website at www.deltadentalins.com and requesting the change.
- Note: Changes must be made by the 15th of each month to be effective the first of the following month.
BlueChoice HMO: BOR030M116
BCBS Open Access POS: BOR030M104
BCBS HSA Open Access POS: BOR030M112
Kaiser HMO: 0852-104
Delta Dental PPO: 16026
DeltaCare USA HMO: 06723
MetLife PPO: 307601