HR Consultancy is a service unit of the Office of Human Resources. In collaboration with Human Resources Representatives and Contacts, we provide Georgia Tech administrators, managers, faculty, and staff with consultations, training, support, and direct assistance in handling individual, unit, and Institute-wide issues in human resource management and organizational development and change.
HR consultants often partner with other Office of Human Resources functional areas, such as Employee Relations Services, Compensation, Benefits, and Talent Acquisition, in order to provide solutions and meet the department's human resources needs.
Each unit/department has an assigned Human Resources Representative. Employees are encouraged to contact their Human Resources Representative first with any human resources related questions or requests.
HR Consultancy can assist managers and HR Representatives:
- Address challenges occurring in the department, such as performance management and disciplinary issues
- Assess skills and recommend training programs
- Understand Georgia Tech policies and procedures as well as the legal requirements that impact how we do business
- Understand the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and the Institute’s process in handling FMLA requests
- Review unit/department plans for reorganization/restructuring, expansion, or reductions in force and advise on potential issues that should be addressed before the plan can be implemented
Training and Development
- Training — HR Consultancy supports the mission of Georgia Tech by identifying, developing, and facilitating Human Resources learning and developmental training for the HR community as well as campus leaders and their employees. This is accomplished through a variety of educational classes, webinars, and human resources learning workshops. Most of these courses are free of charge and require only a one- or two-hour time commitment. Managers should contact their Human Resources Representative to set up a training session.
Training Catalog and Current Course Dates
- The Georgia Tech Training Catalog provides a list and description of all the courses offered by the Office of Human Resources staff. If your department has a specific human resources training need not met by the available courses, please contact your HR consultant. We can help by finding a training resource or developing the training in-house.