What is happening?
The Board of Regents has elected to modify one of the recent changes regarding the definition of temporary USG employees. Over the summer, the definition added:
"Under no circumstances shall an individual serve as a temporary employee for more than eighteen (18) months within any twenty-four (24) month period." This definition is being withdrawn and reviewed for further consideration.
Please note that the requirement for an extension request after six (6) calendar months of employment is still applicable; along with the thirty (30) day service break in "temporary" employment. During the thirty (30) day break, the Tech Temp is not eligible to remain on GT's payroll and/or a third-parties payroll. The Tech Temp will need to be terminated at the start of the thirty (30) day break, and rehired when they return to work.
What does this mean?
- For now, Tech Temps are no longer held to the requirement of working only eighteen (18) months within any twenty-four (24) month period.
- After six (6) months of employment, an extension request is required.
- After twelve (12) months of employment, the Tech Temp will need to take a break from employment from GT.
What is needed for an extension request?
Extension requests can be sent via e-mail to Shalonda Cargill providing the following items:
- Name of Tech Temp
- Job title
- Brief job description (2-3 sentences)
- Reason for extension request
What if I have additional questions?
- Feel free to contact Shalonda Cargill, Jackie Costello or Diane Keith.
- You can also send e-mails to firstname.lastname@example.org.