A Position Vacancy Announcement (PVA) is required.
The hiring department completes and forwards the PVA to Talent Acquisition/Research Faculty Employment team for placement on the Research Faculty Job Bulletin and the Applicant Clearinghouse for at least five business days.
When a candidate is selected, the hiring department completes and forwards the hiring package to the Talent Acquisition/Research Faculty Employment team.
The hiring package consists of:
- Research Faculty Routing Sheet - Word or PDF. Refer to the Research Faculty Job Code Table
- Personal Services Form (PSF)
- Sample offer letter with appropriate caveats
- Three reference letters
- Affirmative Action Applicant Flow Chart (for PVA Positions only)
- Affirmative Action Form for Hiring
- Applicant Flow Chart for PVA
- Copy of the PVA (for PVA Positions only)
- Background Disclosure Authorization Form
- Background Info Form
- The hiring package is reviewed by Talent Acquisition/Research Faculty Employment and forwarded to the Executive Vice President for Research for approval.
- Talent Acquisition/Research Faculty Employment will contact the hiring department regarding the approval of the hiring package and notification to offer the position to the candidate.
- A copy of the hiring PSF is submitted to the Office of Human Resources' Customer Services Center for assistance in onboarding the new research faculty member.
- Upon receipt of approval of the hiring package, the hiring department prepares the formal offer letter and contacts candidate.
Temporary Researchers, Visiting Researchers or Postdoctoral Positions
The same process outlined above for regular positions is followed, except no Position Vacancy Announcement (PVA) or Affirmative Action Tracking sheets are needed.
For employment with the Georgia Tech Research Institute, visit www.gtri.gatech.edu/careers.