Employee Separation Process for Non Benefits Eligible Employees (Tech Temps, Part-Time Employees, Graduate Assistants, etc.)
Georgia Tech is committed to seeing that all employees leaving Georgia Tech exit the Institute in a respectful and efficient manner. In order to ensure that the exiting process goes well for both the employee and the Institute, several important steps must be taken.
The transitioning employee must:
- Verify that Georgia Tech has their correct address and phone
number on file. This will ensure the
employee receives their W2 form. If the correct information is not on file,
please update it on Techworks.
- Terminating / Resigning employees will have access to TechWorks for two years.
- Temporary employees contributing to the Georgia Defined
Contribution Plan need to fill out the GDCP
refund form and send or bring to Human Resources
at the address below.
- The refund check should arrive at the employee's home address within 8-10 weeks.
- If the employee is a
foreign national and was initially assigned a temporary social security number,
please be sure to list both the temporary social security number and the
official social security number on the refund form.
- Failure to list both numbers may result in receiving a refund for only for funds submitted under the current number.
- Temporary employees contributing to 403(b) accounts need to contact their Georgia Tech representative to discuss options. Visit our retirement page at: www.ohr.gatech.edu/benefits/retirement.
- Contact the Credit Union if paying off a loan (404) 656-4114 and ask for a coupon book in order to continue payments.
- Ensure that all library books, parking tickets, security badges, and GT accounts are returned or resolved in order to avoid the possibility of a hold being placed on their final paycheck.
- Return their parking permit to the parking office.
- Print the Exit Checklist. Your department will complete Section I and II. The form should be brought to Human Resources (address below) on your last day of employment
Georgia Institute of Technology
Office of Human Resources
500 Tech Parkway
Atlanta, GA 30332-0435
For any questions please contact Human Resources at 404-894-GTHR (4847).