Georgia Tech desires to provide a unique employee value proposition that will enable it to attract, retain, and engage the talent needed to define the leading technological institute for the twenty-first century.
Affiliation, rewarding jobs, and career opportunities will be the leading differentiators of Georgia Tech's employee value proposition. Compensation and benefits will support the overall value proposition and facilitate attraction, retention, and high performance of Georgia Tech's talent.
Georgia Tech's compensation program is designed to:
- Attract, retain, and motivate employees by providing total compensation practices that:
- Are competitive with outside market pay levels for similar jobs and aligned with Institute needs.
- Reinforce a pay-for-performance philosophy.
- Encourage employee development by facilitating the assignment of developmental moves and cross-functional training.
- Support teamwork directed toward the accomplishment of Georgia Tech's goals and strategies.
- Motivate leadership and other behaviors consistent with creating the leading technological institution of the twenty-first century.
- Recognize and reward differences in performance and contributions, which create value for the Georgia Tech community.
- Promote sound stewardship of compensation expense consistent with the financial goals of the Institute and as a member of the University System of Georgia.