Georgia Tech is currently using an applicant tracking system (ATS) developed approximately 11 years ago. The system collects applicant information, posts open positions and tracks candidates. The current ATS solution serves Georgia Tech colleges and units for Classified Staff and Tech Temps.
After a review of several vendors and solutions, a Review Committee concluded that the Taleo Applicant Tracking solution provided the most business value for a number of reasons which include:
- The cost of the Taleo system compared to less robust systems were comparable.
- The solution is hosted and includes system administration support.
- Taleo utilizes new web services 2.0 technology. Their infrastructure is secure, and they are SAS70-2 certified.
Phase I: Replace the current ATS and modify hiring processes for Classified Staff, Tech Temps and Research Faculty.
Phase 2: Implement the new hire and on-boarding functionality.
Phase 3: Integrate the new hire on-boarding functionality with PeopleSoft HCM.
Phase I Goals
The goal of Phase I is to create more efficient hiring processes and replace the current ATS with Taleo's Recruiting module. Success will be measured in:
- Reduction in the manual work currently done by the departments and HR to complete the requisition, solicitation and qualification of applicants and hiring of qualified candidates through online funcitionality.
- Improvement in the applicant experience with more robust communication tools.
- Adoption of the Taleo tool for Classifed Staff, Tech Temps and Research Faculty hiring.
- Greater OFCCP and EEOC compliance and reporting.
- Improved reporting of key recruiting and hiring metrics.
Phase I Approach
Phase I of the project is characterized in three significant efforts:
- Business Process Engineering
- Business processes for Classified Staff, Tech Temps and Research Faculty was designed prior to the engagement of Taleo consulting services and the setup and configuration of the Taleo system. Human Resources engaged outside lean process consulting services to facilitate the business process engineering exercise that included participation from campus HR and IT representatives.
- Taleo Setup and Configuration
- Taleo consulting will be engaged to provide oversight, subject matter expertise and hands-on configuration assistance to Georgia Tech in readying the system for production.
- Deployment of the Solution and Processes to Campus
- Once the Taleo system is ready for production, the deployment of the solution will take place.
Phase I Timeline
- May 2010: Business process improvement for hiring processes and documentation
- June 2010: System design and configuration begins with Georgia Tech and Taleo
- October 2010: Taleo system readiness and deployment of new ATS for Classified Staff and Tech Temps
- November 2010: Deployment of new ATS for Research Faculty